Tuesday, November 6, 2012

rock the vote!


Yesterday, I said I wasn’t going to go off on a political rant.  Yesterday wasn’t Election Day.

Now, I’m not going to go out and tell you who to vote for.  That, my friends, is up to you.  All I am asking, is that you go out and rock the vote.  Do a little bit of research, and cast a ballot.  I’m not asking you to research every single candidate present on your ballot (mine had four pages of judges and others running unopposed.)  I’m asking you, for those who mean something to your future, like your Senators, and the President of the United States, do some research, decide which candidate you like, and go vote.

Should you choose not to exercise your legal right to vote, in my eyes, you are also choosing to give up your right to complain about anything political in nature that has to do with this country.  Things like, Obamacare.  The economy.  Taxes.  Welfare.  Gun Laws.  Abortion.  The Supreme Court.  The War on Terror.  Foreign Policy.  If you vote, you can bitch about that stuff as much as you want… that doesn’t mean I’m going to listen to you, but you have the right to complain.  If you sit on your couch today, watching the polls come in, and you don’t like what happens,  but you didn’t cast your vote, I don’t want to hear it.

That being said, I’m going to be really happy when this election is over.  I’m really sick and tired of the campaign ads, smears, and crap all over facebook.  That is why, I’ve kept my comments completely non-partisan by saying, I don’t care who it’s for, just go out and vote!


No comments:

Post a Comment