Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Black Friday


There are three types of people in this world:  those who love Black Friday, those who loathe Black Friday, and those like me, who love looking at the ads (which I do every Sunday, not just the Black Friday ads) but loathe and would not be caught dead taking part in a doorbuster sale.  (There is one exception to this, which I will get to later.)

I know people who begin planning for Black Friday the second the ads and sales are announced.  They have very early Thanksgiving dinners.  They set multiple alarms.  Some even camp out for sales, you know, like at Best Buy where you can get a $600 camera for $10, but there’s only ONE in the entire store.)

To me, this is craziness.  Why would you forfeit SLEEP AND SANITY to not even guarantee yourself such a deal?  No thank you!  I do have to give them mad props though.  Last year, I did go to Wal-Mart for a midnight doorbuster, but I was not the one purchasing it, and I was mainly there to keep the other person (Graham, this was right before we were dating) company.  We were lucky in that the item he wanted was one that they were giving numbers out for, so there was no pushing/shoving/clawing, rather just sitting in line and waiting.  I heard the rest of the store was mayhem.  Adults shoving children out of the way for items.  People fighting over everything from comforters to toaster ovens.  Not.my.thing.

Most of the time, the sale items are big ticket things I just don’t need yet, and don’t have a place to store them in until I do have need for them.  What I do enjoy, is the online shopping, and this is mostly for clothes.  Last year, I was lucky enough to get a lot of things from The Limited drastically reduced, albeit, most of it has the tags still on because by the time I got around to wearing it, it didn’t fit anymore.  Before this weekend, I hadn’t bought new work clothes since that time (approximately.)  My mom and I stopped at Francesca’s Collections and LOFT, where I was able to get some new, versatile wardrobe options on sale (bonus!)

So, to all of you Black Friday shoppers… good luck to you.  I’ll be thinking of you from my couch, in my sweats, with my laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment