Tuesday, November 13, 2012

let it snow, let it snow, let it snow


It snowed last night for the first time this season.  It wasn’t a lot, there was no serious accumulation (I did have to dust off my car, but nothing more than a sprinkling,) but, it snowed.

I know I’m not alone when I say that the first snow is magical.  There’s something about it.  The air is crisp and clean, and all is quiet, and the snowflakes are falling.

I happened to be in Highland Park yesterday evening, where the snow seems that much more beautiful than it does at home.  Maybe because Graham lives on a quiet street, his house is tucked back into the woods, and it’s just… serene.

I felt like a little kid, standing in the middle of the street, watching the snowflakes fall, illuminated by the one streetlight.  I tried to take a photo, but it of course did not come out.

I will confess, I listened to the holiday lite on my way home.  If the lite wasn’t already playing Christmas music, I wouldn’t be listening to it yet.  However, the lite makes its own rules on when Christmas music starts… so, I listened, and I loved it.  I also saw my first set of Christmas lights up on a house.  We’re close enough to Thanksgiving… right?  (of course, this morning, I went back to my mentality that Christmas lights can be put up before Thanksgiving, but should not be illuminated until Black Friday.  I know my pal Chrissy disagrees… but I don’t even get one Christmas tree, let alone one in every room.)

I hope it actually snows a little bit this winter.  Last winter, we barely got anything.  The winter before was Snowmageddon.  A healthy medium would be okay with me.

Snowmageddon 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment