Monday, August 27, 2012

recovery.

As we get older, our bodies don't exactly react to things the way they used to.  It takes longer to recover from a multitude of things.  Trips to the gym.  Sickness.  Eating something you shouldn't have.  Drinking too much.  That's what I'm here to talk about today, friends.  Drinking too much.  Something my poor 28 year old body has never really done well, and does even poorly now that I'm 28 and not 21, 22, or 23.

Usually, I'm the one with a hangover, and my boyfriend, who can drink far more than I can without so much as a buzz, is the one who is up the next morning, going strong.  After Saturday, we were both hurting pretty bad.

Saturday morning, we got up early to head down to Wrigley for a co-ed bachelor party (yes, you read that right.)  The organizer reserved a suite that cost a pretty penny per person, and included unlimited food and some alcohol.  To be brutally honest, we started drinking at 10am.  The game started at noon.  You get he picture.

I ate my breakfast of champions (three chicken wings and a hot dog) around 10:30, and then conveniently forgot to eat for the rest of the day (not on purpose.)  There was a lot of drinking to be done.  And done it was.

After the game, we made our way to Red Ivy, and eventually, Uberstein.  Members of our party were lost and then found.  Too much alcohol and not enough food was consumed by all.  There were fights, makeups, and hookups.  Blame it on the a-a-a-alcohol.

Sunday morning was rough.  We got up, and both realized we hadn't eaten in about 24 hours, but had drank way too much.  We went to breakfast.  Carbs and grease were our friends.  Our plan to go to the movies backfired when we both ended up with stomachaches from the carbs and grease.  We laid in bed for a couple of hours.  Finally, we got up, and moved from his house to my house, where my mom was promising pasta for dinner.  More carbs to soak up whatever was left in our stomachs.  We laid on the couch at my house and spent Sunday being all kinds of lazy.  

My boyfriend, in his cute hungover state, said to me (since we had just purchased The Hunger Games on BluRay) "Lovie... can we watch Katniss Everdeen?"  And watch Katniss Everdeen we did.  And the cooking channel (despite our slight hangover nausea.)

I'm still recovering.  I'm getting to old for this stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment