As a little girl, I had curly hair. It wasn't unmanageable, but it was certainly unruly. I cried every time my mom wanted to brush my hair (GOD FORBID.)
In junior high, unruly turned into unmanageable. I wore my, by that time very long and hippy-ish curly hair in a bun almost every day. The only time my hair was in anything other than a bun was for a special occasion, which, at that time in my life, was a band concert. I hated my hair. Until the day that someone told me it resembled Juliana Marguiles on ER.
So, I liked my curly hair. Until I realized the only thing I could do with it, is be curly. I couldn't blow dry it without looking like Phil Spektor. I couldn't flat iron it (seriously, I had friends try. They usually got discouraged after the first HOUR.) I embraced the curly, tried special curly products, went to special curly salons, frequented www.naturallycurly.com. I just got tired of always being the curly girl. I wanted to be the diverse girl.
So, I got keratin. And it was the best thing I ever did. I have zero frizz or fly-aways. I can scrunch my hair into looser curls and waves, or I can blow dry it straight. I can use a curling iron or hot rollers. I can actually do things with my hair. Who would have thought?
No comments:
Post a Comment