Thursday, October 4, 2012

reminisce-r extraordinaire

Part of my blog title explains that I am a reminisce-r extraordinaire.  What does this mean?  I think it is a glorified way of saying, I like to talk about shit that's already happened to me.  Relive.  Rethink. What-if?

I've mostly moved past thinking back to high school, probably because a good chunk of my close knit group is people I went to high school with.  Some of them, I was friends with back then, others, maybe not as close.  But high school is our common bond, so we don't really have to re-do it.  Right?

My 10 year high school reunion is coming up next month.  I still have to buy tickets.  Yeah, yeah, I'm going to go.  G's is the same weekend, so we're going to make a whole downtown weekend out of it.

I always told myself I wouldn't go unless I had a big accomplishment.  If I was skinnier (which I'm working on), if I got my college degree (which I just finished), if I was engaged or married (no dice there.)

There are a lot of people I'm looking forward to seeing at my high school reunion, some that I don't care either way, and some, that if I ever saw again, I'd need to be restrained.  Luckily, I'm a little bit older and wiser than my 18 year old self, and plan to go into my high school reunion with poise and grace, looking fabulous, and above all else, being the better person.  I'm going to be f*cking Emily Post.

No comments:

Post a Comment