Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Halloweenie!


Halloween is, has been, and will always be, the equivalent of Christmas at my house.  Call us heathens… we love Halloween.

When I was a kid, my mom used to hand-make our costumes.  Once we became old enough to decide what we wanted to be, she would take us to the fabric store to look through the pattern books, choose the patterns and fabrics.  This usually started in early September.  I’ve been everything under the sun, from a rabbit, to Snow White, a clown, an Indian (Native American) several hippies, etc.

We decorate for Halloween similar to how normal folks decorate for Christmas.  We have lights, and all sorts of fun decorations for the house, like witches potion bottles, gargoyles, and skulls.  Maybe I’ll take some pictures tonight.

When I was at Illinois State, I joined Alpha Phi Omega, a co-ed national service fraternity.  Part of my service to the community was to volunteer at a local haunted house, which was MEGA fun.
And now… gratuitous recent (or not so recent) Halloween costumes!

1988ish.  

Jackie Kennedy - 2009

Marilyn Monroe - 2004

Volunteering at the Haunted House - 2004

Mimi & Roger from RENT - 2004

1993.  I was so PC.  ugh.

Audrey Hepburn - 2008

Flo, the Progessive Insurance Girl, 2011

1 comment: