Ever since I was an
adolescent girl, I never ever
understood the appeal of an outdoor wedding.
Sure, flowers and nature and plants are pretty, but there are just way
too many variables that go into an outdoor wedding.
What if it rained?
What if it was cold?
What if it was too hot?
What if my shoes sunk into
the mud?
What if it was too windy?
These are just some of the
things that I thought could ruin a perfectly good wedding. I can have perfect temperature, humidity,
etc. indoors. I can find a venue that
has huge windows overlooking a beautiful meadow where I can have my outdoor
wedding, indoors.
Now, let’s not jump the gun…
I’m not engaged or planning to be for some time.
My recent visit to the
Chicago Botanic Garden got me thinking about outdoor weddings. Are all of the variables worth it? The CBG is a beautiful venue for an outdoor
wedding. Even on the particular day we
visited, we saw a wedding happening, and it looked like the skies could open up
at any minute, it still looked beautiful.
There are many different
places within the CBG to have a wedding.
They’re all expensive to rent out and close to the public, of course,
but would it be worth it? Now it’s got
me thinking.
No wedding before me! Just saying...
ReplyDelete