Thursday, September 6, 2012

caution: crabby when hungry.

This is not a joke, and something I really do not pride myself on at all.

I turn into a five year old when I am hungry.

I get anxious and frustrated, and although there is a refrigerator *full* of food, I cannot find anything to eat.  I get even more anxious and frustrated.  Sometimes, I even cry.  Cry.  Legitimate tears, over being so hungry I can't contain myself.

Recently, as I mentioned in a previous post, my dad decided to try his hand at building his own smoker to make a smoked pork shoulder.  I had planned my day accordingly, as he had told us we would be eating dinner around 6pm.  I ate breakfast at a normal time for a day off, between 10 and 11... so brunch.  On the weekends and days off, I really only eat 2 meals... so, this worked out fine.  Brunch, dinner at 6, I'd probably have a little snack somewhere in between.

We got to my house around 3ish, and the little snack was had.  I made myself a half of a cheese quesadilla, they usually fill me up pretty well.

At six, I could've eaten.  At seven, I was hungry.  At eight, I was on the verge of a full fledged temper-tantrum because I hadn't eaten and no one had any regard for the fact that dinner was supposed to be at six. I was super duper cranky and irritated, literally holding back tears of hunger, and snapping at everyone around me.

Finally around nine, we ate dinner.  I was so hungry that I wasn't hungry anymore.  I ate barely anything, one corn on the cob, a bite or two of meat (I really hate smoked meats), and a spoonful of my mom's homemade baked beans.  Oh, was I steamed.

At least my mom had made delicious homemade creme brulee for dessert, which I inhaled later on.

1 comment:

  1. Hey! You’ve been nominated for a bloggy blog award! By me! (It may or may not be a “chain-blog,” but whatever! It's all yours.) Visit my post today to accept your award :)

    http://quirkychrissy.com/2012/09/12/major-award/

    ReplyDelete