In 2010, I lost 30 lbs.
In 2012, I gained 30 lbs.
Today, I started the Six Week Body Makeover in an attempt to take this 30 lbs off.
This diet consists of: no sugar, no simple carbs (bread, pasta, crackers, etc.), no dairy, no alcohol, no pop or juice.
This diet includes: lean proteins (some fish [tuna, whitefish, halibut, cod, shrimp, scallops, crab], chicken and turkey breast), most vegetables (excluding corn, peas, carrots, beans), complex carbs (parsnips/turnips, potato, sweet potato, oatmeal, rice, brown rice, and rice noodles), and some fruits (grapefruit, berries, peaches, and strawberries.)
Yesterday I went to the grocery store, and spent about $50 on the majority of my food for the week. I did not buy enough vegetables, so my plan is to make those for dinner fresh. Everything else, I prepped, cooked, and packaged yesterday.
Here is what my meal plan looks like for this week. Please keep in mind that this is in fact, a DIET, so yes, the portions are small and controlled:
Breakfast: 2 oz egg beaters and 1/2 cup spinach. I made an egg beater "mug scramble" which is something I stole from the Skinny Girl, and omitted the cheese. Next time, I'll add hot sauce prior to nuking for extra flavor.
Morning Snack: 2 egg whites (which I will nuke and douse in Frank's Red Hot) 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (from our garden, and thank God I LOVE tomatoes now.)
Lunch: 1 turkey Italian sausage (which is roughly 2 oz), 1/2 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup spinach and/or watercress (depending on which container I grabbed today.)
Afternoon snack: 1 chicken tender (seasoned with hot paprika), 1/2 cup brown rice.
Dinner: 1 chicken tender (seasoned with hot paprika), 1/2 cup brown rice, and there is baby bok choy in the house right now, so 1-2 cups of that.
Dessert (if I want it) 1/2 cup strawberries.
I am also taking a Yoga class with my mom, tonight is the second one of the 4 class session. In addition, I hope to make it to the gym on a regular and consistent basis, 3 to 4 times per week.
Dude. The goal to lose 30 lbs = great. The goal to lose it in 6 weeks = insane, unhealthy, bad, bad, bad.
ReplyDeleteReadjust time frame to average approximately 2 lbs a week. Also...eat more. At least 2 chicken tenders, dammit.
I'm not intending to lose 30 in six weeks... I know that's insane.
ReplyDeleteAlso, the 1 chicken tender is because I'm supposed to eat 2 oz of protein, which is 2 oz. :P