Thursday, December 13, 2012

12/12/12 Concert for Sandy Relief: Initial Reactions


I did not watch all of the 12/12/12 Concert for Sandy relief last night, but I did watch some.  Regrettably, I fell asleep before being able to see Sir Paul McCartney perform (there’s a reason they put him last, people.)  I did record it though, so, sometime this weekend I can watch the musical acts and skip through the stuff I don’t want to see.

Here are my first impressions, and thoughts on what I did see.
  • Bon Jovi is losing his oomph.  I love Bon Jovi as much as the next girl, but if you have to tune down your songs because you can’t hit the high notes anymore, tune them down enough so that you’re still not straining.  Don’t believe me?  I was looking for youtube clips, but, I can’t seem to find any yet.  I’ll get some, and get them up for your review.
  • Eric Clapton rocked it as always, and, didn’t tune down a single note.
  • Alicia Keys is an amazing performer and musician.  Even my dad commented on it.
  • I was going to comment when I saw Mick Jagger unbuttoning his shirt.  I stopped short when I saw he was wearing a shirt underneath.  Well done, Mick.  No one wants to see your 69 year old “abs.”  Unfortunately, Roger Daltrey did not get that memo.
  • Why was Kanye West wearing a skirt?

What are your guys’ initial thoughts?  I’m sure I’ll have more to say after watching the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment